[stella] Breakout

Subject: [stella] Breakout
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:46:44 -0700
At 09:33 AM 8/3/2000 -0400, you wrote:
I think Steve was in the Arcade Division, so he didn't do anything on the
2600. If he had, I don't think he'd be quite the same after that. :) Plus,
if memory serves, The other Steve (Wozniak) was responsible for most of
what we know as Breakout.

There is an anecdote on that that is part of the Stella at 20 outtakes. The final breakout had very little to do with Steve's prototype. Steve's prototype was so nonstandard in its design that it couldn't be mass produced.

The Breakout bonus check is also the reason Woz and Jobs went their separate ways later on. Jobs basically got Woz to do Breakout in exchange for an equal share of the bonus check, but it turned out that Jobs lied to Woz about the size of the bonus check and pocketed most of the money himself. When Woz found out the truth years later, he got royally pissed and left Apple. Or so the story goes.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/