Re: [stella] Qb: v0.04

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: v0.04
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:04:29 -0500
on 2/16/01 6:40 AM, Andrew Davie at adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Mac users should recompile the source, exchanging all
> "lax" instructions with "lda" - this will give a buggered score display, but
> that's all that will be different.

Okay, I was all ready to get into work early this morning when I stumbled
over this email -- so naturally I had to try and recompile it on the Mac.
After relearning how to use MPW on my Mac with the Mactools and doing a
bullish global search and replace of "lax" with "lda", I got a few errors:
> dasm push.asm -f3 -opush.bin
> DASM V2.02, (c)Copyright 1988 Matthew Dillon, All Rights Reserved
> line  970 push.asm   Syntax Error
> asmerr 14:
> line  970 push.asm   Address must be <$100
> line 3772 push.asm   Syntax Error
> Unrecoverable error in pass, aborting assembly!
> Execution Time: 0.10 seconds

I would have dug deeper, but I'd _really hoped_ to get into work early this
morning.  :^)  And I, admittedly, don't even remember how to go to a
specific line number in MPW anymore.  Too much UltraEdit and Windows, I
guess.

If anyone wants to throw me a rope, I'd appreciate it.  I'll start hacking
some more this weekend when I get a chance.   Maybe I'll even dust off some
code.

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey

-