Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:25:12 +0100
>>That way I now need less than 2.3 bits/strip or about 2k for 600 puzzles.

So, how big is your decompression routine. My code is a bit bigger than
1K, and if I replace my LoadLevel routine with yours, maybe I can fit
about 1000 levels into my game. Well, if I were smart enough to understand
your code, I could. ;-)

>>Due to this, the decompression is a bit slow (~7000 cycles/puzzle), you'll
see when you select random levels.<<

Yes, when you select a random level, the screen jumps. I think it
would be better, if you'd dedicate a whole blank frame for the
decompression. Then the screen would only flash, which is even
less noticeable, since the level pattern would change.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-