[stella] Gunfight 2600: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Subject: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:26:36 +0100
Hi there!

News for today:

- I finished the complete 8-ways animation of the cowboys!
  (See how clever the cowboys turn, when reaching a border
   from a diagonal angle :-))
- Both cowboys can now walk around on the whole screen without
  any restrictions!

Now, with all this animation mayhem, I'm still using < 1K of the ROM,
even though the *shooting* animation is already included, too! You just
can't see it right now, because I'm not yet reading the fire-buttons.

Next phase will be some clean up & some more optimising in the code, so
that I can present the source-code next time :-)

Please comment on demo, how do you like what you see? Already any
suggestions?

If you'e interested in the stats: I've used 64 Bytes of RAM so far &
thare's 50+ cycles left in the kernel :-)
(The enormous RAM usage wouldn't actually be necessary at the moment,
but: I've plenty of it, so why not using it, hehe ... Besides I've some
future plans with my current arrangements...)

Glenn: If you read this, please tell me more about the Astrocade
Gunfight. What's it's exact name and is it emulated? Do you have any
links with information about that? That must have somehow escaped my
researches so far.

Greetings,
	Manuel