Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight 2600: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:26:50 +0100
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> > - Both cowboys can now walk around on the whole screen without
> >   any restrictions!

> Cool, you can even move both of them at the same time now. ;-)

Yup! Don't try steering them to the left _and_ to the right at once,
it's designed for a joystick :-)

> It's just called Gunfight, and I think it's included in the
> Astrocade BIOS. The Bally Astrocade is emulated in Mess, if
> you want to check it out for yourself. But you might have
> some trouble copying it's control scheme to the VCS, since the
> Astrocade version uses the stick and the paddle component of
> it's controllers at the same time.

http://oriole.net/~rworne/bally/bgunfigh.jpg
That's it?

Just by looking at this picture, I'd bet that the Atari 800 conversion
is way superior :-)
It's the best out of all versions I've seen so far, even better than the
arcade sequel 'Boothill'.

Greetings,
	Manuel

-