[stella] particles

Subject: [stella] particles
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:36:39 -0800
You have a point. Still, if you want to do a really impressive demo, try combinding the starfield type effect with flicker to simulate snow or rainfall with wobbling paths and all. Try doing it without a lot of RAM usage. That's definitely something I haven't seen before.

BTW, I think probably the best particle effect I've seen on the 2600 is the fireworks in Pele's Soccer. That was surprisingly impressive back then, as crazy as it sounds now. Flash elements like that were so uncommon in games, but I guess with a game like Soccer you have to accentuate the GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLS (most people know what I mean there).... I'm probably the only person who really likes that game.