Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works

Subject: Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:44:15 -0800
I don't think I'd *ever* discourage somebody from trying to do a 2600 emu
from scratch.  Who knows, these days enough is known about the 2600 that
maybe it would be pretty easy.  ;-)  In fact sometimes *I* think about doing
a 2600 emu from scratch for Windows.  Every time I look at the mountain of
assembly code that is z26 I find myself wishing that it were written in C.
I don't think 500 frames per second on an 800 MHz machine is really
necessary these days...

John