Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works

Subject: Re: [stella] new VCS2600-programming tool in works
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:58:37 +0100
First of all you shouldn't send files that big to a mailing list. It
would be better to put them on a website somewhere.

As for your tool, I don't know, but doesn't PCAE for Windows already
do most of this? The DOS version does, except that it uses seperate
screens for the VCS output and for the debugger. I'm not using the
Windows version, as my old computer already is too slow to run it
properly. And since your program only does half speed at 800 MHz,
I don't think I would be too happy with it either. ;-)

And for developing a VCS emulator from scratch: I don't want to
discourage you, but you'll be facing a LOT of work. I know what
a long way the current emulators have come to get where they are
now, and none of them is anywhere near perfect. They do fine on
emulating finished games, but for an emulator that is mainly meant
as a development tool you need be as acurate as possible.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg