Re: [stella] Qb, 2600, PC, adios

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb, 2600, PC, adios
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:15:56 +1000
> This is on GBA, you're planning this? Sounds like fun, but...please, leave
> the original in? :) I have problems thinking in 3d sometimes....oh, one
other
> question, this is just going to be working along the outside of the cube,
> like in Atari Video Cube, yes? push to the edge and it'll rotate?

Yes, on the GBA.

You will be playing (probably) only on the 6 faces of the cube, so each face
will be exactly like the original.  Viewpoint will be flattened to a 3D-type
(as if you're sitting on one end of a square table).  Yes, cube will rotate
when you get to any edge and push... I haven't seen Atari Video Cube.

Perhaps the early levels will be Qb as you know it... then later levels
include all faces of a cube... then later ones also include internal layers.
I haven't really thought about it more deeply than that, as I really need to
learn a bit more about the GBA first.  :)

Sounds like, from the comments, some are becoming rather attracted to Qb's
gameplay!  As an easter-egg for some other game, it sounds like a
neato-idea... I'll keep that in mind :)

Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
Qb: the latest retro video game!                          L,~'  "\__/
http://www.atari2600.org/qb.html                              @--> v