Re: [stella] Player Graphic Animation

Subject: Re: [stella] Player Graphic Animation
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 17:40:32 +0200
Tempest schrieb:

> Is there a good demo or "how to" message that tells how to do player graphic
> animation (4 frames or so)?

The trick is to read the player graphics indirect via:

LDA (spritePointer),Y

Now you'd adjust the pointer every 2^x frames. That goes like this:

Have tables with your animation pointers:

highpointer .byte #>shape1, #>shape2, #>shape3, #>shape4
lowpointer  .byte #<shape1, #<shape2, #<shape3, #<shape4

To adjust the pointer:

LDA frameCounter
LSR
LSR
LSR	; This'd update every 8 frames...
AND #$03
TAX
LDA lowpointer,X
STA spritePointer
LDA highpointer,X
STA spritePointer+1

> Also, I've noticed that in alot of the older
> bin files the graphics are stored in tables that I can't make out.  Is there
> a different way to store your graphics other than the old .byte $10101010
> format?

You'd do '%' instead of '$', but that's the DASM format... older archive
sources might be Non-DASM...

Greetings,
	Manuel

-