Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!

Subject: Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:51:33 -0700
At 11:52 AM 6/5/2001 -0400, you wrote:
What we want to do is make a nice multi-cart with the original Atari 2600 feel but in hand-held form. Here is some games that have been suggested already (feel free to mention these carts in your lists as well):

I'm a little confused here. Is this an emulation or porting project?

* Dodge'Em
* Journey Escape
* BMX Airmaster
* Qb

Be careful with 3rd party titles. Journey Escape is Data Age. I do not think Infogrames has the rights to this, not to mention the whole licensing issue of the rock band.

Some people are listing Activision and Imagic titles as well, and that would not really be economical for Infogrames since it would involve licensing from Activision.

I don't know which rights Infogrames inherited with the Hasbro Interactive purchase. Hasbro themselves could have claimed ownership of a lot of 3rd party tites through their acquisition of other board game companies like Parker Brothers and Avalon Hill.

Andrew Davie has shown interest in this project and has allowed us to use Qb as an Easter-Egg option, which makes us very estatic to have one of the best games for the Atari 2600 made in the last few years (and even the past decade).

If new games are to be considered, I wouldn't ignore Oystron. For my money that's the best of the hobby games.

Mainly we need a list of games that would be fun and worthy of the GBA. If everyone can come up of a list of 25-50 games, we can then see which are the best choices overall and then go from there. You don't have to come up with 25-50 choices, you can go as high or as low as you want in your list. We are just trying to be as impartial as possible and see what everyone likes.

Whatever you do, DON'T do swordquest. Most people hate those games.

If the theme of the title is games that are often overlooked, I'd include:

Haunted House (rather than Adventure)
Radar Lock (flicker might not look good on LCD, though)
Save Mary (unreleased titles would be a good idea, I think, although some paperwork shuffling would be necessary to determine what to do with the contractors [AXLON])

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/