Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!

Subject: Re: [stella] Infogrames considers Atari 2600 B-Side release!
From: "Christopher A. Haslage" <kilokahn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 17:43:42 -0400
At 04:57 PM 6/7/01 -0400, you wrote:
NOOOO!  Please don't do that!  The control element is what makes these games
great!  Ok...deep breath.  I've never seen the GBA, so I don't know what it's
capable of.  But if these buttons are just standard digital inputs, using them
to simulate paddles would *kill* the games.  I used to play Kaboom! for hours
at a time.  In fact, I just picked it up again last night while testing the
2600 AV mod...it was only a test, but I wound up wasting an hour without
noticing.  And I scored 2969 points!  :)  Ahem...back to my point.  I can't
stand Kaboom! on emulators that use keyboard input.  Or any of the other
paddle games.  They're awful.

Chris,

This deals with a problem that needs to be solved.  There are some GREAT games that use the paddle controls and I want others to enjoy them too.

Someone suggested to use the joypad, but that seems the best that can be done.  Using the left and right and having them use variable speeds or something such.  Granted, it doesn't give you that fast-paced control, but maybe with a button push it can simulate it as best as possible.

If anyone has any more suggestions, feel free to add them.  The game suggestions are great too and hope to see more of them too!

Later Days,

Christopher A. Haslage
HaslageNetElectronics
http://www.haslage.net/