Re: [stella] Paddles
Subject: Re: [stella] Paddles|
From: Jeff Rothkopf <jeffgmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:41:57 -0500
It is impossible to recreate the feel of a paddle using buttons. Period.
And without a paddle, all paddle games would suck.
It's kind of interesting... I always thought the paddle was an excellent
controller and I have yet to see it recreated since the Atari 2600.
They DID create a similar paddle-type controller for use specifically
with Arkanoid for the Nintendo NES. It wasn't a big knob, though,
but a small one...
** Director of Higher Standards Tutorial & Educational Specialists
** Tutor for SAT, GRE, LSAT, GMAT, SSAT, PSAT, TOEFL, CLAST, HSCT,
CLEP, SAT2, Writing, History, Math, Statistics, Study Skills
** Songwriter, Screenwriter, Playwright, Novelist
** College Instructor & Psychologist (Ph.D from University of Miami).
** Winner of the 1998 Tropic Hunt (8-)
** Collector of Adventurevision; Atari 2600, 5200, 7800; Bally;
Colecovision; Fairchild; Intellivision; Odyssey; Microvision;
TI99, Virtual Boy & Vectrex games, plus other classic videogame &
computer items. I even buy video game boxes, manuals, & magazines,
plus some handhelds. Buy or trade. Will also sell some of my extras.
IMPORTANT: When my workload gets heavy, I sometimes get delayed in
responding to e-mail. Feel free to send gentle reminder messages if you
don't hear back from me after a couple of days. I'll also provide upon
request my home telephone number so you can contact me directly.
Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/
Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/
- [stella] Paddles, (continued)
- Ruffin Bailey - Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:02:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Chad 'n' Jennifer Hendrickson - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 02:42:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Rob - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:59:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Sark - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:41:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Jeff Rothkopf - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:50:23 -0400 (EDT) <=
- Glenn Saunders - Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Rob - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:10:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Chris Wilkson - Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:04:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Glenn Saunders - Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:48:16 -0400 (EDT)