Re: [stella] SCSIcide gameplay update

Subject: Re: [stella] SCSIcide gameplay update
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:28:17 -0400
At 12:48 AM 6/11/2001 +0200, Manuel Polik wrote:
Hi Joe!

Hi Manuel!

> Manual, I am about to implement the paddle control, but right now it's
      ^

Give me an 'e' :-)

Sorry! I always end up typing the wrong thing.. :)

Better do the paddle control soon, I'm getting used play it with a
Joystick :-)

Yup - I'm working on that now.. Hopefully I'll have it working by tommorrow afternoon.. I've read up on all the Stella postings on paddle control, so I understand the concept.. Just need to implement it..

Hm... that's hard to say. The game is dizzying anyway. I doubt that I
could play it for more than 15 minutes without having a longer break for
my eyes. You should definitely attach some epilepsy (sp?) warning :-)

Definetely.. :) Like they have in the Virtual Boy.. I've made the color of the drivehead change to the color you need to read, so it solves some of the eye-strain issues of having to look up (at the score) or down (at the byte counter) to check the next color.. I'm probably going to slow down the speed increments, too, so it will take a few more screens before it gets dizzying fast..

> o Latency buffer decreases when required data bit is missed or when no bit
> is read

I got the impression that in higher levels it decreases faster? I think
you should keep it constant.

In higher levels it decreases faster, since the bits are going by faster (and the buffer decreases each time the colored bit hits the right side of the screen).. I'll try it with a constant decrease and see how it is..

It's hard to analyse the Hex-Scores and keep track how much points one
actually got for the current bit. Do you give more points for a faster
collection? I hope so! :-)

Kind of.. You get more points based on how much latency buffer you have left..

Rats! 265B0 was my best so far...

Just got 3112B.. :)

Greetings,
        Manuel