Re: [stella] Gunfight: AI

Subject: Re: [stella] Gunfight: AI
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:31:22 +0200
Hi Gonzalo!

> Gunfight is getting great. It's funny to play it in 2 players mode (better
> with my girlfriend, I always win :). The AI is funny too, sometimes it seem
> like the enemy knows my next movements!

Fine :-)

It needs some more tweaking though, for example Frank doesn't hurry to
collect the mun boxes in the sixshooter mode. In fact it really is 100%
randomness at the moment :-)

BTW: I play a lot with my girlfriend too. Nobody beats her in 'Sky
Diver' :-)

> In 2 players mode, the 2nd player can't shoot until the first did it,

That's the desired behaviour, the left player starts the game. As long
as the crappy music is playing you're still in the attract mode :-)

I've to tweak all the gameplay & different modes yet, and once the SFX
are added and all the counters do what they're intended to do, it'll
feel more like a real game. In one of the next versions you'll actually
be able to *win*

> and he
> can shoot without press the fire button too... it's this wright, or my
> keyboard is not working well?

No, everythings fine with it. That's a bug that escaped me. Fix is
attached.

Actually letting the AI fire at random times is as simple as:

         LDA INPT5
         AND frameCounter

Ok, with the fix it's:

         LDA #$FF