Re: [stella] 2600 Jr Difference

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Jr Difference
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:49:18 +0200
> It's S/N: AT861131318
> Made in Taiwan
>
> However, according to the VCSp site's guide on how to quickly tell the
> difference between a 3 chip and 1 chip Jr, this is a 3 chip.
>
> http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/FAQ.htm
>
> I haven't found any other ROMs that have any problems.

Maybe you could try Kool Aide Man. The score in there might be
overlapping, which would cause the game to be unplayable.

In an attempt to try out Chad Schell's Cuttle Cart on as many
of my PAL VCSs as possible, I used KAM as the test game. It seems
that I was wrong about the PAL compatibility of KAM. The game
works fine on all the VCS consoles I tried, except one 'big rainbow'
Jr. This unit is a three chip version which was made in 1990 in
China. Coincidentally KAM also fails on all my PAL 7800s, which also
were manufactured in China at that time.

But since your console is from Taiwan, there must be something
else they have in common that causes the problem. I haven't tried
the game you mentioned on it yet. What was that again? (Sorry,
but they were doing some maintainance on my mailserver in the last
couple of days, so I got 70+ delayed messages from the Stella list
in my inbox today, and the order was completely mixed up.)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-