Re: [stella] Overlayed sprites...

Subject: Re: [stella] Overlayed sprites...
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> My idea was shifting that by 2 or more Pixel. Then you could do some
> 10 or 12 pixel wide, yet in the middle area still multicolored enemies...

Hmmm... would be able to get my jet to look more like I wanted it to
(supposed to be a rocket, not a jet)... and he'd be easier for the
playet to hit, if he's 12 pixels wide instead of 8

> Or one could overlay double width sprites with single width ones...

yeah.... could use that to make the tie fighter wings look more solid..

> Hm... I better note that idea down, might come in handy for me too.
> (Later...:-))

I've gotten a little more done this morning... now the enemies shoot,
and the energy bar gets shorter when the player gets hit.. and the lives
decrement when the energy runs out..

Probably I need to put a pause between the enemy fire, right now as soon as
one enemy gets done firing (for 16 frames), another one starts... of course
their fire is same as the player's, instantaneous laser beams, so there's no
way to avoid getting hit some, but as it is it's impossible to live more than
about 5 or 10 seconds! (Well, maybe that'll get easier when the enemies start
actually getting killed by player fire...)

I've got maybe 20-30% of a game so far... Will post what I have when I
fix the movement problem at the left edge of the screen... and hopefully
will have time to clean up the source enough to post that too (right now
it's embarrassing, the amount of commented-out code there is)

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-