Re: Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: [stella] Stelladoc v2 status report
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:11:58 -0700
At 06:13 PM 10/2/2001 +0200, you wrote:
Part B: Advanced stuff

We might want to separate advanced stuff from a "tricks" section. Some stuff I think classifies itself as a trick.

7. Player Multiplexing Strategies
7.1 Horizontal Multiplexing
7.2 Colbert Multiplexing

There should also be a section on Starpath tricks, like how the Suicide Mission kernel works, or how the option screen in Commie Mutants works (I vaguely recall an explanation on that).

Also maybe how Stellasketch works.

8. Advanced Missile Graphics
8.1 Missiles as Players

Another missile trick is trying to achieve independent color for the missile vs. the player as it is done in Gunfight.

And you have the way missiles/ball are used to fill in playfield in stuff like Radar Lock or Mindmaster, anything with smooth diagonals.

9. Advanced Playfield Graphics
9.1 Cycle 46 Trick

There is a lot of stuff there regarding playfield bitmaps to do.

Playfield scrolling (vertical ala River Raid or horizontal ala Jungle Hunt or hybrid ala Thrust) and playfield collision/destruction ala Gunfight/Canyon Bomber, etc...

There should also be a thorough discussion of the Galaxian multisprite trick.

Also a section on how to control banking and guidelines in how to segment code for banking. That hasn't been discussed much on the list yet.

Also strategies on self-modifying code in RAM.

-