RE: [stella] Warring Worms

Subject: RE: [stella] Warring Worms
From: Paul Slocum <paul-slocum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:17:45 -0500

Was Atari Surround 2-players only?
I'm pretty sure that the Intellivision version of Surround, "Snafu", had 1-player variations with a machine controlled opponent, maybe more than one.

Surround variations 2 and 4 are one player. You have to use the right Joystick port.

Could you tell us how do you think that the AI should work, for a Surround-like game? I think it's not so obvious.

Basically you can just make it so that it never hits a wall unless is has to. The Atari AI also makes some turns at apparently random times. In a surround like game this can be hard to beat, especially if it's fast paced. The human player makes mistakes and hits walls even where they're not trapped, but you have to trap the computer to beat it. To increase the difficulty you just increase the speed.

-Paul

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/