RE: [stella] Warring Worms

Subject: RE: [stella] Warring Worms
From: "Glenn Saunders" <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:26:55 -0700

Who knows maybe I can through in a third computer player just to mix it
up a
bit.  I could use the ball as the head(could be hard), or just not give it a
head at all (easy, as long as I can find the cycles to control it)
<<

The ball inherits color from the playfield so it wouldn't stand out very well if you used the ball right next to the trail.

But you could use the ball to create some other gameplay element. You could make it a Qix-like object that can randomly destroy parts of the playfield. It could be a bonus object for powerups (speed, more shots, etc...) It could do both if the Qix thing were not there all the time. It could be a pong-like ball that you can catch with the head (like Warlords). Maybe if you catch it, it zeros out your trail. It could be a moving barrier that you have to avoid hitting. Lots of possibilities.

If you'd like to deviate more from the standard Surround gameplay, I'd experiment with that.