[stella] end of frame??

Subject: [stella] end of frame??
From: ben <ben@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 02:11:58 +1100
Hi,

As I understand it, the beam does not return without a VSYNC.  But, is it
common for coders to let the beam sit at the end of the frame for a while
before executing a VSYNC?  I have seen the bahaviour below quite a bit
while writing my emulator:

-------
TIA_w - VBLANK Start
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback outside of FRAME!
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback outside of FRAME!
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback - current line is 261
Scanline Callback outside of FRAME!
TIA_w - VSYNC Start
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 0
Scanline Callback - current line is 0
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 1
Scanline Callback - current line is 1
TIA_w - WSYNC
Main Callback - current line is 2
Scanline Callback - current line is 2
TIA_w - VSYNC Stop
-----------

Enlightenment Please?  What am I missing? :)  You'll notice that all I do
is reset the line counter when a VSYNC is written to.

Ben

PS: May I send a screenshot of my combat screen that I get in my emu to
anyone?  The screen is scanline-truncated at the bottom for some reason,
even though when I run, say RiverRaid, the screen looks perfect :/  Anyone
willing to help?  Does Combat do anything special which I should be aware of?

TIA - umm, thats thanks in advance, not the damn 2600 TIA - how many times
has that joke been used on this mail list I wonder? ;)

-