Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire, build 00f

Subject: Re: [stella] Poker Solitaire, build 00f
From: "Erik J. Eid" <eeid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:25:59 -0500
At 09:59 PM 11/24/01 -0500, Brian Watson wrote:
Yeah.. Ever since the Atari 400 days I've had it hard-wired into my brain
that you should always give the user the option to disable sounds.. The 400
had a little speaker inside that made an annoying click on every keystroke,
which you couldn't disable without removing the speaker (or maybe burning
your own custom OS ROM...)

I remember! I was so happy when I went from a 400 to an 800XL that the keyclick was routed through the speaker instead. However, in the XL and XE series, you could disable the click by putting a nonzero value in location 731 (NOCLICK).

> Would you mind if I stole^W used your card forms for my Double King Pede
> game when I get around to it?
I don't mind at all.. They're meant to be pretty generic, anything you'd
design on your own would probably look pretty similar anyway, since there's
not that many ways to represent the ranks & suits

I ended up cribbing the shapes I used from Activision's Bridge, though now slightly squashed since I switched to six-line sprites. Besides, after a while most of Atari's and Activision's games appeared to be using the same images for numbers in the scores.

If we were able to release the games as a Deluxe Card Games Pack or something, it would be pretty cool (maybe a multi-cart, or 3 individual carts with labels in the same style and in the same box).. though I dunno how interested I am in making/ordering carts and having manuals printed & such.

I figured I would go with Hozer for distributing Euchre, but that's a while down the line. I know that I do want a printed manual because I feel it will be pretty essential to those unfamiliar with Euchre and I am also a completist and like to have a manual with every game whenever possible.

Hozer does do multi-carts, so perhaps a big fan of card games could have all of them put on one.