Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList

Subject: Re: [stella] Farewell, StellaList
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:03:49 +0100
Brian J Nelson wrote:
> I believe it is possible to be a collector AND a player. I like a good
> quality game but that won't stop me from collecting them ALL, good or bad.

That's exactly the problem, I was describing. You collect everything, no matter if it's good or bad. Somebody who wants to make money, can produce 10 "games" in much less time that it takes to make one single quality game. And he will be rewarded by you 10 times. You are being manipulated by those people. Isn't there any lower mark, where you would say: "NO!" ?

> I'm always on the lookout for a better label than the on I have, but
> packaging is just a bonus to me. After all, what good is owning a game if
> you're not going to play it?

So, here's the question:
Which homebrew cart/package do you own, and which of them do you play?

>  I'm glad to see that there are still people making games for Atari and look
> forward to owning a copy of every one of them. I even hope someday to create
> my own original game. Even if I only sold that game to 1 or 2 people, it
> would be OUT THERE. That's all that really matters.

It *should* be all that matters, right. But it's also frustrating to see, how collecting everything is leading to something different. Something that, as a programmer, I don't like.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |