Re: Re: [stella] StellaX PAL detection

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] StellaX PAL detection
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:39:02 +0100
Hi Glenn!

Am 30.01.02 20:30:55, schrieb "Glenn Saunders"
<cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>2. That emulator is for cartridge developers. Therefore
>it must not support SC Pitfall 2 and 20 different BS
>schemes. It may, but it needs not. Generally I'm gonna
>throw out all stuff that's making the thing unecessary
>bloated like supporting single games like Pitfall 2 or
>extra RAM or Mindlink controlers, or...stuff like
>that...
><<

>What do you really gain in not supporting all the
bankswitching methods?  I
>mean, if it's already been done in existing emulators,
is it that much work
>to report it?  And with 1ghz+ machines, does this
really slow down the
>emulator much to include this support?

Well, the gain might be compact/effective/understandable
and working code.

I'd rather have it perfect emulating 90% of the games
than an imperfect 100%. Why should I go through troubles
for one single game for example?

I'm for sure not gonna throw out general and/or
widespread schemes, but I think some things are just not
necessary for what I'm trying to do.

An emulator for developers doesn't need to have a 32in1
cartridge running, but rather a 100% working single-step
debugger.

My focus is just different, that's all. I'm sure all
three current emulators are slowly going their way
towards perfect emulation and at some time will have all
the features you'll ever want them to have.

And maybe one day I'll present you the perfect all-in-
one developers IDE :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel