Re: [stella] 2600 Radial Pong

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Radial Pong
From: "Albert Yarusso - AtariAge" <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:02:01 -0500
I ran the Java version for a bit and then fired up the 2600 version.  First
I tried it in StelaX and then in z26.  With those emulators, everything is
offset and not drawn in the proper positions.  Is this expected with this
current version?  I haven't yet fired it up in my Cuttle Cart, because I'm
sitting on the couch with my laptop watching TV.

I also like how you did the circular sprites, very smooth.  As for the
controller aspect, I would prefer to use the paddle controllers, even if
that means you have a hard stop somewhere.  As Glenn said, using the
joystick to control paddle games just isn't as much fun.  I'd rather have a
stop somewhere (say, at 0 degrees, with perhaps some type of marker to
indicate the stop) than linear motion, even if I could press the button to
go faster.

Please let me know when I can add this to our In Development page on
AtariAge.  :)

 ..Al
Albert Yarusso (albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
AtariAge.com - Atari News, Rarity Guides, Discussion & More!