Re: [stella] 2600 Radial Pong / Joust Pong Update

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Radial Pong / Joust Pong Update
From: Jeff Johnston <jeffryj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:44:14 -0700 (MST)
> the easiest thing might be to "throw away" a scanline, trial
> and error using NOPs 'til you're in the right place and then use
> RESP0/RESP1

This worked, thanks!  In my INIT routine I used RESP0/P1 to get close,
then horizontal motion for fine tuning.  I could probably tweak the
position of P0 a little more but I have other things do to like getting
the score to work, ball bouncing, etc :)

> Currently my biggest issue is bounds checking.

Let's say you have the ball X coord in BALLX (forget Y for now, it's the
same anyways) and want X edges at pixels 30 and 130.

LDA	#30
CMP 	BALLX
BCS 	EDGEX
LDA	#129