Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:38:39 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Manuel Polik" <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 12:14 PM

> Even though I have 16 Bit resolution for the sprites,
> right now they have to be mirrored. That is the main
> problem at the moment. You just can't draw a Star
> Destroyer from the side if it has to be displayed with
> mirrored sprites.

Ah. Okay, I assumed you were still using the sprite engine from the last
demo you posted. Hmmm, 16-bit sprites... very cool. But won't that make the
flicker even worse?

Why the mirrored sprites? If there's no way to specify mirroring on a
per-sprite basis, you could manually mirror all the sprite data. It's not
like there will be a huge amount of graphic data anyway.

Something else to maybe add to each sprite definition would be a vertical
offset value so objects don't appear to drop as they move closer.

Clay