Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire 2600: Return of the Crosshair
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 8 Jul 2002 18:13:59 -0000

> Even though I have 16 Bit resolution for the sprites,
> right now they have to be mirrored. That is the main
> problem at the moment. You just can't draw a Star
> Destroyer from the side if it has to be displayed with
> mirrored sprites.

[snip]

> Yup, I totally agree on that. I've some space left for
> additional graphics, so I'm thinking about hyping the
> gameplay a little up with more & different enemies.
> Expect not only the Empire hunting you, but maybe a
> certain popular Bounty Hunter will be chasing you too...

Heh, if you need a big symmetrical empire baddy, how
about Death Stars? (Or is that what the circles are suposed
to me? Or maybe they'll look too much like the circles
anyway...)

Maybe Darth Vaders TIE?

/  _  \
|=|O|=|
\  -  /

with the bentin wings

I'm not very familiar with the original arcade game,
so I don't know if either of these ideas make sense
in context.

"If people were going to use computers all day, everyday, the design of
 such machines was not solely a technical problem-- it was also an
 aesthetic one. *A lousy interface would mean a lousy life.*"--M.Krueger