Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:55:58 -0700
Ruffin Bailey wrote:

> By virtue of the fact that I've probably contributed the fewest bytes of
> code per year of being subscribed to the list, I'm going to vote John not
be
> on the committee.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's
something
> about that "troublemaker" line that makes me nervous.  :^)

As well it should.  ;-)  Actually I was thinking that since I've contributed
almost as little code as you maybe I should be chairman of the committee.
That way the person who has contributed the least has the most influence.
Isn't that the way committees are supposed to work?

> Wrt the five character names, I don't think there's anything wrong with
> keeping that limitation as long as we don't add more registers to the 2600
> (har).  But I do feel your pain -- people keep trying to keep 8.3 names
for
> html files where I work, which has driven me crazy in my latest project
> (basically a "madlib" that makes html for people without coding
experience).
> 8.3 makes it a little tougher to ensure names of files that are both
> meaningful *and* unique, and is just plain silly in principle.

So how do you feel about changing the names to lower case?  Personally I
find my pinky's are wearing out.  Have you ever got a cramp in your pinky
and had to go home early?  It's rough.

John