Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: vcs.h
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:11:29 +1000
> Basically I agree with this.  But the registers were named by hardware
guys,
> not programmers.  And besides, back then many assemblers could only

Maybe so, and the VCS was named by marketing guys.
Just thank your lucky stars the registers weren't named by them, too.

A note on the world's smallest VCS.H - when I did Qb on the Atari 800, it
was done on a single disk-drive system where I had the assembler on a floppy
disk AND the source code and graphics.  Something like 88K total, I think.
I soon ran out of space, and the code had to have NO comments, NO
superfluous whitespace, and labels were restricted to one or two letters.
That was fun.  5-letter symbols seem, to me, massive.

Cheers