Re: [stella] Zork

Subject: Re: [stella] Zork
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:03:09 -0500

It might be interesting to do "Text" Adventure rather than
Zork...was Collosal Cave smaller than Zork? Or the other way
around with Zork being a subset of....anyway, a more humble
text adventure than the mighty zork might be worth pursuing...

The advantage of doing Zork would be that (hopefully) you would end up with generic Z-machine interpreter, so you could make many Infocom games run on the 2600. There's a guy that's ported the Z-machine interpreter to many platforms, so I'm sure he could provide specs on how the Z-machine works and I have his C source code on my drive right now. Plus I believe there are some tools out there to make your own Z-machine compatible text adventure.

You know another cool text adventure to port would be "Adventure". :o)

-Paul