Re: [stella] "Player Graphic Creation RAD Tool" -- not fancy :^)

Subject: Re: [stella] "Player Graphic Creation RAD Tool" -- not fancy :^)
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:18:26 -0400
On Saturday, July 13, 2002, at 08:08 AM, KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Huh. You know, esp. since both of you go with the "checkbox" method
for drawing the graphics, there's no reason this couldn't be in
javascript on a webpage...

There are a few advantages to an app, like the ability to save and open easily or access the system clipboard -- and [years and years and years] later, stuff like saving to your code's file, compiling, and starting up your emulator. But sure, you could do what I've got now (and, iirc, what Chris did) with dhtml right easily. I'd also given a little thought to learning Java 2d graphics to show what the player looks like while you're making it, but there's nothing stopping dhtml from doing that either.

Maybe once I get 2600 101 done, I'll try my hand at that...much easier to
install a webpage! ;-)

But a lot phatter footprint to open a browser than a few quick utilities. Course the utilities need to do more than one afternoon's hacking worth of stuff to make it matter. :^)

Good luck with the javascript/dhtml version.

Ruffin Bailey
http://myfreakinname.blogspot.com