Re: [stella] New Song

Subject: Re: [stella] New Song
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:50:22 -0400
On Thursday 26 January 1989 01:19, Paul Slocum wrote:
> Tonight I composed another song for Marble Craze (there will be three
> different in-game tunes.)  I'm really happy with this one!  :oD  I used
> a trick that you used to hear on the C64 a lot where you arpeggiate an
> oscillator really fast to simulate a chord.  I also have a few places

I did this in my Boing26 xmas demo but I switched frequencies every frame.
 Mine sounds more like chords but yours (in stella.sdl) sounds more
musical, probably due to your choice of waveforms.  I was toying with the
idea of a midscreen frequency change back then but was too lazy to figure
out how to do that and draw a 6 player object without stepping on each
other.  I'd be curious to hear how yours would sound if you made the
arpeggio twice as fast; I remember the arpeggio effect from C64 games but
I don't remember how fast they did them.

By the way, note the date your mail seems to have arrived in my inbox.
Everyone else's is coming in normally so you may want to check your clock.

Rob

--
"I PRESUME THIS MAIL WILL NOT BE A SURPRISE TO YOU."
    -- an unwittingly wry 419 scam artist, 2002-06-03