Re: [stella] button questions

Subject: Re: [stella] button questions
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 23 Jul 2002 16:06:46 -0000
> At 04:06 PM 7/17/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >if the button is
> >pressed it checks the flag and only does the flap if the flag was
> >cleared.
>
> Shouldn't Joust flap immediately on button down (event: change from not
> down to down) rather than waiting for button up?

Err, maybe I wasn't clear, but I think we're talking about the same
thing.

see if this clarification helps:
"if the button is [in the] pressed [state] it checks the flag
 [that indicates whether the button was in the pressed state the last
 time we checked] and only does the flap if the flag was cleared
 [(indicating that last time the button was in the unpressed state,
  and therefore this is a "fresh" button press)]"

So it doesn't "do" much on button up, except set the flag
so that when the button *is* down we'll know it's a fresh buttonpress.
Plus it might change the wing position from down to up.

"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat."
        --John Lehman, secretary of the navy 1981-1987