Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:46:07 +0200
Hey Thomas!

Great seeing you back on a new homebrew..

I find the idea very intriguing and most of all, as you said, not abused on
other 2600 games.
How long have you been coding undercover to get this demo out? :)

As for comments/suggestions:

- I'm having some troubles in directing the helicopter's fire. It could be
interesting to have the helicopter stop if you keep the fire button pressed,
and have the joystick movement direct your fire. This would allow to shoot
in a direction without having to move towards (close) enemies and therefore
getting killed.

- I've found myself getting trapped into corners on the 1st maze, and having
to wait for death without a chance to survive as enemy tanks come towards
me. It could be interesting to have the player's fire randomly roll the tank
in another direction if you hit the tank on the shield... This would give a
chance to make it in such occasions. To avoid getting the game too easy, you
could limit the number of times you can "roll" a tank (and color-code it),
or have the tank move faster each time you hit it, or have it go "berzerk"
if you hit it too much...
I recognize that's a pretty big change, but would avoid some of the "pacman
frustration" :)

Other than that... woww! :)

Greets,
Fabrizio.-