Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12 Aug 2002 14:10:33 -0000
> Fabrizio wrote:
> >> Love the reviving animation..
> >
> > What animation?
>
> Well not really a "reviving animation" but the way the tanks rotate in the
> opposite direction once one is revived...!

I don't have a lot of useful comments, but I wanted to point
out how cool the little tanks look...

> > I'm working on that. Promised!
>
> Great! :)
> Maybe you could have the shield of a destroyed tank stay harmless in the
> first levels, then have it become an obstacle on later lavels and deadly on
> hard screens...
> Also could have it disappear after a while...

I dunno, I kind of like the challenge of not getting too close
maybe the shields themselves could take like 4 or 5 hits to go away

And I know it might be truer to an original in the current mode,
but would it be cooler to have the main player be a tank as well?
Or change the helicopter to an overhead view?

Or maybe (and I know I rely on this idea way too much) make
the game easier in other ways, but then a bit harder by giving
the copter a bit of inertia.  I'm thinking of something a little
bit like omega race, though with out the "asteroids"-esque
rotating/aiming.

I guess the trick is most of the really cool suggestions for
this general game involving needing more sprites...(or maybe
I've been playing too much Bangai-O lately with its 100s
and 100s of enemies and missiles and all...)

"An art form based on the computer should be impossible without it."
--Myron Krueger