Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:52:58 +0200
Erik wrote:
>mazes
Well, I'm currently working on a level generator, so there will
be an (nearly) unlimited number of mazes!

>I like the shimmering shields. :) I am also impressed by how
>little it seems to flicker on a real TV.
I hoped it would work on TV. :-)

>collision detection
For now I'm checking the tank direction very strict,
because that's the easiest way. But I could add a little
margin.

>numbers
Those are *very* preliminary now (coming from my attempt to
squeeze everything into 1K) and I'm currently using them for
debug output only.

>I like that the enemy tanks can shoot and disable each other,
>even (apparently) through their own shields.  That opens up
>another strategy for the player - try to force the enemy to do
>this.
Yes, that's one of the concepts I like.

>Maybe what's needed is a little extra incentive to finish a
>round.  At this point you could conceivably just wander the
>maze and try to avoid combat.  In Dig Dig, after a certain
>amount of time, which grows shorter with each round, the
>monsters all speed up, as does the background music.
Right, the gameplay needs some extras. I like your suggestions
and I'll check them. Speeding up the tanks (when the player
needs too long) is a good idea.

Have fun!
Thomas