Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City (alpha)
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:26:29 +0200
Hi Thomas!

I thought better late then never comment on this thing,
now that I'm back :-)

Cool stuff! Reminds me a little of 'Phantom Tanks',
which is one of my all-time-VCS-favs, but still has that
different *twist* to make it look fresh!

>> - I'm having some troubles in directing the
helicopter's fire. It could be
>> interesting to have the helicopter stop if you keep
the fire button pressed,
>> and have the joystick movement direct your fire. This
would allow to shoot
>> in a direction without having to move towards (close)
enemies and therefore
>> getting killed.

>Yes, I'm not 100% happy with the control yet. Though
you can reverse at
>any time, sometimes you are to close. But a stopping
helicopter before
>shooting is also not exactly what I want. Maybe some
recoil when
>shooting might help.

Have you ever played Paradroid on the C64? The droids
which are equipped with guns (001, 821 & 496 to name but
a few :-)) can even fire in the opposite direction as
they're moving, with a *normal* Joystick. The droids
don't react on *quick* movements with the fire buttons
pressed, but they shoot in the direction you point then.
You can just pass an enemy droid at full speed for
example, but still give a blast in his direction. And
it's quite intuitive to controll, too.

Greetings,
	Manuel