Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete

Subject: Re: [stella] Skeleton - complete
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 10 Sep 2002 13:50:05 -0000
> I think an old D&D handheld game used a similar gameplay element. It
> really stressed me out when I had to worry where I was stepping as
> well as hunt/avoid the creatures in the maze. Just an idea that, I
> thought, may be simple to implement. Maybe a selectable option?

Heh, I think I had that game. Marroon colored case?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think years later I looked at
"Hunt the Wumpus", a text-based classic for Unix (and older?)
systems, and it occurred to me that the handheld must've just
been a graphical version of that game. Of course, by that point
I hadn't played the handheld for years, and wumpus was a little
too difficult for me to get into, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.taylor.org/~patrick/wumpus/instruct.html gives a
description, http://www.taylor.org/~patrick/wumpus/ is the game
itself in javascript.

Hunt the Wumpus might be very doable on the 2600, but comapared
to Skeleton a lot less action packed! The oldschool purists might
appreciate it tho.
"God or somebody save us from any society founded on Darwinian principles."
   --Richard Dawkins