particle cannons (was Re: [stella] More flicker, please)

Subject: particle cannons (was Re: [stella] More flicker, please)
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 14:39:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> >Looking better than the previous version, too. But what
> happend
> >to your PF idea? Didn't you like the results or was it
> >a programming problem?
>
> Again economic reasons. (PF1 + PF2) * 64 lines * 8
> frames = 1024 bytes data only, without any source code
> overhead.

Hi Manuel!

I STILL haven't been able to see this game since the first
version.  (crying on keyboard)  But if I understood Glenn's
suggestion right, you want 2 PF bits to start in the bottom
corners of the screen.  Then they move up the screen toward
the target?  Why can't you use rotate or shift commands to
move the bits?  I assume that they track toward the target, so
that left particle doesn't move the same amount sideways as
the right paritcle?  If that's the case, it would be more
difficult than just rotating the left and mirroring the PF.
But if you can do this, it would save space at the cost of
some offscreen overhead.

-Chris