Re: [stella] More flicker, please

Subject: Re: [stella] More flicker, please
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 12:11:45 +0200
Hi Clay!

>So I wonder if it would be a good idea if multiplexing
routines were written
>so that, even if they have the opportunity to display a
sprite solid, they
>flicker it anyway.
>
>Thoughts?

I'd really be interested to hear some opinions on this.
(Especially, when I'm just done with reducing the
flicker :-))

I think Thomas tried telling me something similar
lately, so what do others think?

In the attached BIN I managed to reduce flicker to
*visible* vertical collisions. Try following the
mothership on it's path, it'll flicker way less than in
the previous version.

Now, what would you think about constant flicker on all
objects compared to that?

BTW: I made that smooth in and out of ships Clay
suggested possible on the bottom border, but I've given
up on the others

BTW²: No lasers. No photon torpedoes - Particle cannons!

BTW³: I'm working on it... :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel