Re: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Instigators - Final Version (?)
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:10:00 +0200
Hi Christopher!

> So, here it is, possible final. There's a little more
> room between rows than I'd like, but there's not much
> to be done about it. There's just too many calcs
> between rows to squish it down any more. Still looks
> pretty good, I think.

I'm really interested in what you're doing inbetween the
rows. Really no chance at all to reduce that? Already a
single line would be a great improvement I think.

Maybe if you'd post the source, someone would find ways
to make that transition faster.

>The big question is, is it too hard? I could reduce the
speed of the Instigators shots by 1/2 very easily.

I think this'd be better. I never got past the first
screen.

Another thing would be working on a little break
inbetween shots. At the moment, there's always an enemy
shot onscreen. Especially invaders at the bottom can
have sucha high fire frequency that you've almost no
chance to kill them.

What about your own shot, it seems like it is normally
hiding underneath the player sprite?

This is producing a little flaw, since I've experienced
"Game Over" situations with the shot still visible at
the bottom.

- Neither RESET nor SELECT seem to do anything. While
RESET is definately necessary, a few gameplay variants
wouldn't hurt either. Maybe there's some variants the
Atari SI port has implemented, which could easily be
adopted into your game?

And you could make the choice between slow/fast shots
optional via a difficulty switch.

>Anyway, lemme know what you think. Please try to break
it....

Oh, it's brilliant so far! Way cool stuff! Easily beats
any other 2600 invaders clone on the market! :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel