Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:48:17 +0100
Hello Christopher,

> - Will also appear squished except on multistandard tvs which can do a
streched 60hz mode.
> (If someone's using a multi-standard tv, won't they have an NTSC option
anyway? So why not just keep it in NTSC?)

Because that would also require you to use a NTSC VCS, which not
everyone has. And even if your multi-standard TV does does properly
decode the video information from a NTSC VCS, it might not
nessessarily be able to handle the audio carrier frequency as well.
My multi-standard TV for example can autodetect a NTSC signal, but
it doesn't give me any sound with my NTSC consoles connected through
the antenna input.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg