Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences

Subject: Re: [stella] PAL Conversion Preferences
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:18:31 +0100
Hi Eckhard!

> Since I suppose the carts will be made when they are ordered,
> you could release both versions, and let the customers decide,
> if they want the PAL50 or the PAL60 game.

That's very reasonable, and most likely will be done!
Just, I think not all customers will be aware whether their TV will support
PAL60.. but I don't see many other choices!

> In 2600 mode a PAL 7800 will work mostly like a PAL 2600.
> The frame rate control is all in the game. If your game
> works with a PAL 2600, it should normally also work on a
> PAL 7800.

Thanks for all the detailed explanation! I'll keep that in mind!

> The Cuttle Cart and the Supercharger don't work on the PAL
> 7800 without a small modification (and might not even work
> with the modification either). Therefore I use a 7800 RAM
> cart, that can play most 2600 4K games as well to for 7800
> compatibility testing.

Humm that's very interesting! I've got a PAL 7800 and have yet to modify it.
I thought I could be able to test it with the Cuttle Cart after the mod, but
you're telling me otherwise.. ouch!
What could make the 7800 incompatible with the Cuttle Cart even after
modification?
Nice to know a 7800 RAM cart will play 2600 4k games.. Well I should get to
work and make myself one!

Thanks again for the in-depth response and ciao! :)
Fabrizio.-