Re: [stella] A quick intro

Subject: Re: [stella] A quick intro
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 4 Dec 2002 17:27:47 -0000
With the power of java you can probably come up with something
much better than these, but I made two javascript pages,
one for player graphics, one for playfield:
http://alienbill.com/vgames/playerpal/

I didn't get as far as I wanted in this (in particular,
the 'import' functionality that can load an image
from data...it's there for the Player version not for the
Playfield tho) but I think it's useful, and might get you
thinking about what a better UI would need to do.

Also, I'm on the verge of releasing a simple little
UI that's a front end for DASM. Besides automating the usual
assemble/run task (making it a single button click to go
from source code to running in an emulator and/or making a
WAV file), and
making it more quickly obvious when the assemble failed),
I'm planning to integrate the BLINT analuzer I wrote
before, that finds the tricky "cross-page-boundary conditional
jumps" that can wreck havoc with innocent looking code.
(See http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200210/msg00144.html
for more on that)

But, I'm not too ego-bound in any of these, and am willing to help
port stuff if it will make better tools over all (on the other hand
soon I need to get off all the damn tools and guides and back
into the coding of JoustPong!)

"It's the cracked ones who let all the light into the world."
        --writer from my Tufts writing class