Re: [stella] A quick intro

Subject: Re: [stella] A quick intro
From: Aaron Bergstrom <Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:31:54 -0600
Actually, the javascript utilities you've written work very nicely. I had originally thought of doing it with Javascript, the only reason I didn't was because I had used a VRML product called "CosmoWorlds" for VRML world authoring which has the ability to route events and create script behaviors. I thought that this would be a nice feature that would be much more difficult to do with Javascript... that and I wanted to hone my Java 2D graphics skills as well. I'm learning as I'm going in this department.

I've already implemented an interface to run 3rd party emulators from within CAG. It worked perfectly with Stella 1.2. I was also able to launch PCAE from within CAG, but the rom didn't load. I'm not sure if I had the parameters correct. Anyway, there's a preferences menu that allows the user to set your emulator and assembler. I haven't fully implemented the assembler interface yet. But I expect dasm to work properly since stella did. It's just a couple of lines of code that I'm just waiting to put into CAG until I'm ready to start compiling with it. Granted I only understand the basics of DASM... so if there is something more I need to add I'm open to suggestions.

I like the idea of collaborating on CAG or any Atari developers environment. Porting stuff over appeals to me too, since I don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't need to. Which apparently, to some extent it looks like I've already done.

Thanks,

Aaron

KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
With the power of java you can probably come up with something
much better than these, but I made two javascript pages,
one for player graphics, one for playfield:
http://alienbill.com/vgames/playerpal/

<snip>

But, I'm not too ego-bound in any of these, and am willing to help port stuff if it will make better tools over all (on the other hand soon I need to get off all the damn tools and guides and back into the coding of JoustPong!)
--
Aaron.Bergstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Computer Visualization Manager