Re: [stella] stella list

Subject: Re: [stella] stella list
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:02:59 -0600
At 9:02 PM -0700 12/3/02, Jeff Johnston wrote:
>I haven't really been keeping up, but that's mostly because I get the same
>mail 2 or 3 times and it's too time consuming to weed thru the mess.
>Probably easier just to read the archives until whoever runs this list
>fixes the problem :)

Well, I'm administering it, but not running it.  I wasn't aware that
there WAS a problem...  Sorry about that.

At 9:11 PM +0100 12/4/02, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>I experienced the same thing. Also there was the problem with messages
>being queued up and then sent in backwards order all at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean there...  They're appearing in your inbox
backwards?  Over how long a period.

>We have discussid this a couple of days ago.

Ouch, I missed that.  The best is to mail me directly about problems
like that, as I rarely have time to really read Stellalist most days.

>Has the source of this problem been identified, and has it been fixed?

No; I'll have to look into it.

>p.s. If Thomas reads this: Your web.de mailbox seems to be full.

I can confirm that, as I received a series of bounces from that.  :-(

At 3:17 PM -0500 12/4/02, Rob wrote:
>Funny you should ask - the message that came down right before this one was a
>rerun of Ronen Habot's "F8 Bankswitching experiment" post from 12/2.

As I suspected, and Ronen confirmed, it was because one was sent from an
email address other than the one he signed up as a list member with --
and I didn't get to the approval queue until today, when I approved his
note.

>Otherwise, occasionally I've noticed reruns of posts a few days later but it
>isn't even 10% of the traffic and I figured it was a weirdness with the
>moderation mechanism.

I'm hoping that's what it is...

If you guys still notice duplicate posts, and without different sending
addresses, let me know directly.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||