Re: [stella] stella list

Subject: Re: [stella] stella list
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:06:17 -0600
At 9:43 AM +0100 12/5/02, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
>Some dammed spammers posted more than 200 "special offers" into my
>mailbox. This is the second time this has happened. :-(

Yeah, I remember the first time too.  :-)  Sorry to hear about it.
If it were legal to hunt spammers, I'd be in a line for a license
every season, believe me.

At 3:10 PM +0100 12/5/02, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>It happened at least twice (25th and 31st october). What happened was
>that I got several messages that appeared to be sent only a fraction
>of a second apart. Replies seemed to be sent just before the original
>message. At first I thought there was a problem with my mail account,
>so that Stella list couldn't send the messages, queued them up, and
>then resend them in the wrong oder at a later time. But since there
>were other people, like Chris Wilkson, who also experienced this
>behaviour, maybe there was/is something wrong with the list software.

Hmm, maybe.  I'll look into it...

>> As I suspected, and Ronen confirmed, it was because one was sent from an
>> email address other than the one he signed up as a list member with

>There must be another reason too this. For example the messages
>that Eirc Ball posted on 30th november reappeared in my inbox on
>the 3rd december too. The same is true for some messages by Manuel
>and Denis from the same date.

Funny, I don't have any messages from Eric Ball on Dec 3...  So this
isn't happening to all of us.  Very odd...  Maybe it's a router somewhere?
I'll ask the list server admin...
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||