Re: [stella] IRC

Subject: Re: [stella] IRC
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:20:37 -0500
On Thursday 12 December 2002 20:07, Dan Iacovelli wrote:
> At 11:02 PM 12/12/2002 +1100, you wrote:
> > where we might go to see if anyone is 'hanging out'.  I propose #stella
> > on Efnet.  It's kind of cool to have realtime discussions in a group
> I think either a web chat room(java or non-java) or ICQ type chat will be
> better.

There are plenty of Java web chat rooms that use IRC as a back end; it would
take someone all of 2 minutes to set one up pointing at a stable (hah!) EFnet
server and have it join #stella.  The web chatters don't have to see all the
extra IRC-related junk and the rest of us can use our choice of IRC clients.
Seems the best of both worlds to me.

Rob