Re: [stella] Space Treat new version

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat new version
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:22:32 -0500
> Looking at a trace log of your game I would guess that your
> sychonizing problem comes from the fact that you are setting
> a timer and resetting the collisions during the three lines of
> VSYNC. I had problems with that on my old PAL TV with some
> demos from this list, that did that too, some years ago.

Hmmm...now we may be able to nail this down. Why not try to remove these in steps and report your results. What happenes when you don't set the timer during the vertical sync? What happens when don't clear the collision register? If you could narrow it down it could solve the mystery. It could be what Eckhard was said all along or maybe it's just one register that could cause the problem?

Have you tried Thrust or Gunfight on your PAL 7800?

Take care,
Dennis